Video/Gallery: Suffolk snow is perfect excuse for some horse play
SUFFOLK and north Essex may have escaped lightly after predictions that we would be whipped by a mighty blizzard last night, but there was still enough snow for some family fun today.
Parts of Christchurch Park, in Ipswich, were mystically silent as dog walkers stayed home in the warm dry, but the hills to the other side of the park were alive with sledgers.
Youngsters dodges out of the way as others hurtled down the steep hill on brightly-coloured plastics sledges. And parents were keen to join in to, bringing an even greater speed to the sledge run.
Elsewhere, Suffolk has been wrapped in a snowy blanket of glittering flakes, leaving awe-inspiring scenes that have been snapped by our eagle-eyed iwitness reporters.
Images have been submitted from Sudbury, Westleton, Grundisburgh and Bury St Edmunds.
Kim Dewing sent us some photos showing a tractor draped in a curtain of snow at a farm in Woodbridge, and this cheeky horse enjoying some snow fun.
Further snowfall is expected tomorrow, giving families another day of fun before they return to school and work on Monday. If you are out enjoying the snow, send us your photos and video via suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk - there is a £25 prize for the best snowman, igloo or other snow creation.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 4 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 5 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after being 'seriously' assaulted by 'several' men
- 8 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 9 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 10 'A really special effort' - McKenna's verdict on 3-0 win v MK Dons
For weather updates in your area, listen to the podcast on our homepage.