Video/Gallery: Suffolk snow is perfect excuse for some horse play
SUFFOLK and north Essex may have escaped lightly after predictions that we would be whipped by a mighty blizzard last night, but there was still enough snow for some family fun today.
Parts of Christchurch Park, in Ipswich, were mystically silent as dog walkers stayed home in the warm dry, but the hills to the other side of the park were alive with sledgers.
Youngsters dodges out of the way as others hurtled down the steep hill on brightly-coloured plastics sledges. And parents were keen to join in to, bringing an even greater speed to the sledge run.
Elsewhere, Suffolk has been wrapped in a snowy blanket of glittering flakes, leaving awe-inspiring scenes that have been snapped by our eagle-eyed iwitness reporters.
Images have been submitted from Sudbury, Westleton, Grundisburgh and Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Kim Dewing sent us some photos showing a tractor draped in a curtain of snow at a farm in Woodbridge, and this cheeky horse enjoying some snow fun.
Further snowfall is expected tomorrow, giving families another day of fun before they return to school and work on Monday. If you are out enjoying the snow, send us your photos and video via suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk - there is a £25 prize for the best snowman, igloo or other snow creation.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
For weather updates in your area, listen to the podcast on our homepage.