Video: Georgie Day from Bury St Edmunds lands her first big modelling job: the face of Colgate
- Credit: Sean Collymore
Little did Georgie Day know when she was collecting her A-Level results that only a few weeks later she would be the face of a major global brand.
The 18-year-old, from Bury St Edmunds, has had the life-changing opportunity to feature in a Colgate toothpaste advertising campaign, with her pictures appearing in magazines.
Georgie, who has just completed her time at Culford School, has been chosen over thousands of others to become the new face of Colgate as part of the Elite Model Look UK competition.
She said she was “so excited” to land this opportunity, which is her first big modelling job.
Speaking after her photo shoot, said: “It went really well I think. It was quite scary in the beginning, but once I got used to everything it was all so much better and came much more naturally.”
You may also want to watch:
Georgie, who moved to Bury from South Africa a couple of years ago, got involved with the competition after being spotted by model scouts.
Michelangelo Chiacchio, director at Elite London and a judge of the Elite Model Look UK competition, said: “She encapsulates everything a professional model needs to build a great career, she has a great smile and we can’t wait to see her in the latest Colgate Max White ONE Optic campaign.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
Oliver Proudlock, fashion designer and star of Made in Chelsea, mentored Georgie, as well as the other entrants, throughout the competition to help them understand the pressures and requirements of the industry.
Georgie is currently focusing on modelling, but she is considering embarking on a biology-related degree in the future.