Video: Moment armed police arrest man on suspicion of firearms offences in Ipswich
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
An Ipswich man has been released without charge after being questioned by police about firearms offences following an arrest in the town centre.
The incident happened in St Margaret’s Street on Saturday afternoon.
A force spokesman confirmed that officers from the Roads Policing and Firearms Operations Unit stopped a car in the area at around 4.35pm.
A 34-year-old man from the town was arrested on suspicion of firearms offences.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre and held for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
A police crime scene was put in place in the area of St Helen’s Street and Dove Street.
Last night, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said following questioning, the man had been released from custody and no further action would be taken.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M