Video: New album for familiar Laxfield artist, Matthew P
THOSE unfamiliar with the name Matthew P will almost certainly recognise at least one of his songs.
The 30-year-old, from Laxfield, near Framlingham, has just released his debut album, Long Straight Lines - but his work has already been heard by millions.
Matthew, whose full name is Matthew Pescod, is the man behind She Began To Dance - the song featured in a national online dating service advertising campaign, generally referred to as “The Girl on the Platform Smiled”.
And his song End of the World, from the Long Straight Lines album, has already gained cult success after being used by Channel 4 in an advertising campaign for The Watchmen movie last year.
Matthew, who was signed to a major label for two years and has written tracks with the likes of Joel Pott, from Athlete, and Iain Archer, from Snow Patrol, released his first full-length record with small independent company YDNA. To mark its launch, he played gigs in Norwich, Cornwall, Bournemouth and Oxford.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, August 24, he plays the FolkEast festival at Somerleyton Estate, alongside artists like Trembling Bells and Bellowhead - but on the evening before his appearance at the three-day event in north Suffolk, Matthew will play a warm-up gig at the Rumburgh Buck pub, near Halesworth.
He is also planning a series of unusual performances in rooms of people’s homes, and is offering fans the chance to host a free gig by emailing a photo of their room to email@example.com.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 6 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 7 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
To learn more about Matthew P, where he is appearing, and to hear his music, visit MatthewPmusic.com or go to facebook.com/matthewpmusic.