Video: Shark spotted swimming in River Stour
- Credit: Archant
Amazing footage captured by a Manningtree man shows what appears to be a shark swimming in the River Stour.
Jody Gibbons, 27, recorded the video of Sunday afternoon, while walking beside the Cattawade Sluice.
Experts think the beast, estimated to measure 4ft to 5ft, could be a shallow water smoothound shark.
Mr Gibbons, who was with his father at the time, said: “It was unbelievable to actually see something like that down this way.
“I saw this fin popping out of the water. As I got closer I saw it was a shark.”
You may also want to watch:
University of Southampton shark expert, Dr Ken Collins thinks the shark may be a smoothhound, which commonly swim close inshore.
It is not clear how the shark became trapped in the sluice. Call the news desk on 01473 324788 if you saw it.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away