Video: Suffolk New College’s Christmas concert raises funds for Make a Wish Foundation
- Credit: Archant
College students have been raising money for charity with a Christmas concert.
Money from the event, which took place in St Peter’s Church, Ipswich, was donated to the Make a Wish Foundation.
The students were all from Suffolk New College’s music department on level two and three courses and both arranged and performed at the concert.
The sell-out crowd were treated to a range of Christmas songs performed as solos and ensemble pieces.
Jo King, Programme Leader for Performing Arts and Music, said: “This was a fantastic way to end the first term of the year.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a chance for students to demonstrate the skills they have learnt, have fun and raise money for a good cause.
“The students had all worked together in putting on this performance and it was a great opportunity for them to perform in front of a live, sit-down audience.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M