Video update: Man dies after being hit by a train at Great Blakenham
A man has died after he was involved in a collision with a train in Great Blakenham at about 11.15am today.
It happened on the line close to the level crossing at Gipping Road. British Transport Police were called and paramedics and the air ambulance were also at the scene.
Greater Anglia is reporting that train services between Ipswich and Cambridge and London Liverpool Street and Norwich may be cancelled or delayed by up to 90 minutes because of the incident.
A spokesman for the BTP said: “We were called to the line close to Gipping Road, Great Blakenham, shortly after 11am on Monday, 3 November, following reports of a person being struck by a train.
“Colleagues from Suffolk Constabulary and East of England Ambulance Service also attended, and a man was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is not being treated as suspicious.
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
It is not yet known when the lines will re-open.
More to follow.