Video: Woman fined after dumping cat in bin
A WOMAN who was caught on CCTV dumping a cat in a wheelie bin was fined �250 today after pleading guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to the animal.
Mary Bale, 45, from Coventry, became an international hate figure in August after footage emerged of her stroking the four-year-old tabby before picking it up and dropping it into the bin.
She admitted causing unnecessary suffering when she appeared at Coventry Magistrates’ Court today.
Bale, who appeared close to tears, was fined �250 plus a �15 victim surcharge and ordered to pay costs of �1,171.
She was also banned from keeping or owning animals for the next five years.
You may also want to watch:
The court was told that Bale’s father was seriously ill at the time of the offence.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 8 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 9 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve