Teenager in hospital with broken jaw after ‘serious’ town centre attack
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
An 18-year-old has been rushed to hospital with a broken jaw after a serious attack in Colchester town centre.
Police were called to Vineyard Street in the early hours of this morning following reports a large group of men were involved in a fight.
The victim, an 18-year-old man, was taken to hospital with a broken jaw.
Officers are now looking to speak to those reported to be involved.
They are described by the victim as being white, and some spoke with Welsh accents.
Witnesses to the attack and anyone who recognises the group from the description should contact Colchester CID.
People can also submit a report on the Essex Police website or call them on 101, quoting incident number 51 of July 5.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 6 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 8 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 9 'We deserved more' - Burton boss on Town defeat
- 10 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.