RAF Bentwaters provides perfect backdrop for Vinnie Jones’ latest film
- Credit: EVOLUTIONARY FILMS
Footballer turned film star Vinnie Jones is taking on his signature bad guy role in his latest film Vengeance 2, which is being shot in Suffolk this month.
Acting alongside former WWE superstar Stu Bennett, Jones takes the role of Sean Teague, a soldier who betrayed his army squad on their final mission in Eastern Europe.
The film is the sequel to Vengeance, which was released in the UK on September 24.
Filming is taking place at former RAF base Bentwaters in Rendlesham and most of the cast and production team are staying in the surrounding area - meaning you may spot Jones and his co-stars out and about in east Suffolk.
Jones said: “I play a rogue character, as normal, called Sean Teague and Stu Bennett plays John Gold.
You may also want to watch:
“He is coming after me to take me back to justice.
“It’s very much a shoot-me-up movie with lots of fights and loads of shooting scenes and blowing stuff up so Bentwaters is the perfect venue for it. It’s lovely countryside here, I’ve always been a fan of East Anglia.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
Gold is tasked with helping transport Teague to a military prison to pay for his crimes.
Along the way, Gold will have to fight off Teague’s team who are attempting to extract him, as well as a sniper seemingly hell-bent on killing Teague before he can be secured.
The film is expected to be released in the UK in the summer of 2019 by Essex based production company Evolutionary Films.
Stu Bennett, who established his character in the first film, said: “It was amazing how well the first movie was received.
“It was my first lead role in a movie so to have the level of success it had with the budget we had to work with was really cool.
“Vengeance 2 is a step up on that. It’s a bigger budget, it’s a bigger production so I’m really excited for it.
“I have loved my time in Suffolk, although I wish I had a little more down time to explore the area a bit more.
“I’ve been staying in the town centre in Ipswich and everybody has treated me really well.”