Vinyl Lounge event caps off busy 2017 for Stowmarket’s John Peel Centre
- Credit: Archant
The John Peel Centre’s last Vinyl Lounge event of the year is set to be the busiest so far, according to organisers.
The Christmas session takes place on Saturday, December 23 from 7.30pm at the Stowmarket venue.
The sessions began in February, and aims to help people rediscover their record collections.
Andrew Stringer one of the DJ’s for the event said: “With the resurgence in vinyl over the last few years, these events are a great chance to share favourite recordings as well as have a great time on a party atmosphere.
“It is a great thrill to play records that have been stored away for years, as well as share treasured discs.”
You may also want to watch:
The event caps off a busy 2017 for the popular independent venue, which included the launch of ‘emerge’ nights promoting local artists, poetry festivals and local theatre productions alongside sold out gigs.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Woman dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 10 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub