US airwoman’s reaction to Mildenhall posting goes viral on TikTok
- Credit: Archant
A TikTok video of a US airwoman revealing her first posting has gone viral after capturing her reaction to the news she’ll be living in Suffolk.
The video of American servicewoman Jaymilla was shared on Sunday, October 19, after she recorded herself and friends at the San Antonio airbase in Texas.
The footage has since been watched over 3.7 million times on the platform TikTok.
Jaymilla and her friends crowd round her computer screen to read where her first posting will be – and all look thoroughly confused when they see it’s Mildenhall in Suffolk.
After a couple of seconds of wide-eyed incredulity, one of the group asks: “Where the heck is that?”
You may also want to watch:
Jaymilla reads “UK” and her friends excitedly tell her she’s going to be posted in Europe, exclaiming “that’s so cool” while the group cheer and congratulate her.
The airwoman then rereads Mildenhall and asks again “where ... is that?”, to which a friend replies “it’s somewhere really nice”.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
Jaymilla was clearly thrilled to be posted to Europe and Suffolk County Council tweeted a welcome message in response.
It said: “(There is a little bad language in this TikTok, but her joy was still worth sharing) - Welcome to Suffolk Jaymilla! - We hope you enjoy your posting here at @RAFMildenhall, we’re happy to be your home away from home! #WelcomeToSuffolk #LoveSuffolk”
RAF Mildenhall have since shared stories from other Americans posted at the Suffolk base, saying why they love living in the county in response to the viral video.
The site is home to over 12,000 British and American nationals.