Resort set to have purpose-built visitor information centre
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
Visitors to Felixstowe will be able to find out more about the resort and its attractions when a purpose-built information centre opens later this year.
Visit Felixstowe said the new facility will be built just along from the current TIC beach hut, closer to Felixstowe Pier.
The current popular hut opened in 2016 and now welcomes around 10,000 visitors a year.
It is manned by over 40 volunteers, known as Visit Felixstowe Ambassadors, who offer a wealth of knowledge and expert advice to visitors.
It opens all year round, seven days a week if weather allows, and volunteers provide leaflets and maps on attractions, places to stay, eat and shop, transport links and events.
You may also want to watch:
The new Visit Felixstowe Visitor Information Centre will be fully accessible, with more space and electricity so it can be utilised for many more things including into the evening.
Clare Baker, from Felixstowe Forward, said: "We are so excited about this new permanent facility which will allow us to offer all the current services, but also lots more room to include more displays and useful information.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
"Our fantastic band of VF Ambassadors love to share and provide visitors with the most up-to-date knowledge and advice so that visitors can make the most of their time enjoying Visit Felixstowe."