Were you at Lavenham Christmas Fair?
- Credit: Archant
Festive crafts and foods were on offer as Lavenham Christmas Fair got off to a flying - if soggy - start.
The weekend fair opened on Friday night in heavy rain, but organisers said despite this visitors were undeterred and they were expecting a healthy turnout over the weekend.
Fair spokesman Lesley Thompson said: "We were hit by the rain as soon as we opened which saw some frantic moving of the musicians indoors, but other than that it has been going very well indeed."
This year's fair has more than 50 stalls in the centre of the picturesque village, and traders said business was booming.
Claire Humphreys of hedgerow gift stall Hedrose said: "We've done really well, even on Friday night when the weather was terrible."
You may also want to watch:
Christmas pudding seller Jacky Short of Puddings-4-Christmas said: "So many people this year have been returning customers and I've been coming here for five years now,"
"It's such a lovely event, it's a wonderful atmosphere and it just gets better and better."
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'