Volkswagen sponsorship deal driving forward the Foxes
- Credit: supplied
The Bury Foxes have scored a major sponsorship deal to kick-start the new rugby season.
Volkswagen Bury St Edmunds, in Northern Way, has invested £1,500 to support the women’s rugby club. The sponsorship money has been used to cover the cost of branded rugby kits that will be worn by the team at matches.
The Foxes, who played their first match of the season last month, have recently created some 2014 calendars bursting with entertaining images of the team sporting pink bandanas. All proceeds will go to their nominated charity, Suffolk Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
The car retailer is the sole sponsor in the rugby club’s history and according to team manager Sara Clarke the deal is a real reward for the important charity work they do.
Sara said: “It’s great to have a major local business supporting the club and everything we stand for.
“The ladies are delighted with their new kit. They have all been working exceptionally hard and this sponsorship deal has definitely given them the boost they derve.”
The retailer said it was honoured to have been approached to sponsor the talented team.
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 3 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 4 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 5 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 6 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 7 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 8 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 9 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
- 10 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
Robert Rolf, brand manager at Volkswagen Bury St Edmunds, said: “We feel privileged to be involved with such an established local group that has served our community for many years.
“It is great to see the money going to a charitable and gifted club like the Bury Foxes.
“We are proud to be associated with the Foxes and wish them every success.”
For further information about sponsorships call Volkswagen Bury St Edmunds on 01284 763441.