Volunteers join police in hunt for missing Essex 82-year-old Gordon Wilson
- Credit: Archant
More than 30 volunteers joined specialist search officers from Essex Police in the hunt for missing 82-year-old Gordon Wilson in Halstead today (November 5).
A man fitting Mr Wilson’s description got off the number 352 bus in Halstead on Sunday, October 25 and walked in the direction of Butler Road.
The volunteers met at midday in the Butler Road car park and were briefed by acting chief superintendent Ewen Wilson before making their way to farmland and a wooden area off Ravens Avenue.
Mr Wilson, from Leaden Roding, suffers from vascular dementia and has been missing now for 11 days.
Mr Wilson is described as 5ft 11 in tall and of medium build with grey thinning hair. He wears glasses and was last seen wearing a sports jacket which is either checked or navy. He usually wears a short, tie and jumper.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees Mr Wilson is asked to call police on 101 urgently.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results