Walberswick: Crews fight building blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters attended a building fire in a Suffolk coastal village.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received multiple calls to a building on fire in Palmers Lane, Walberswick.
An appliance from Halesworth and one from Southwold and Reydon were mobilised to the scene at 6.31pm, and on arrival found a caravan and a gas cylinder within a building alight.
They requested the assistance of a water carrier, with one coming from Leiston.
Crews used five jets, one hose reel and a water shuttle to fight the blaze and by 7.45pm the incident was under control.
You may also want to watch:
All fire personnel had left the scene by 8.14pm.
The cause of the fire is believed to be suspicious.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season