Walkers will light up Felixstowe Prom for the EACH Halloween walk on October 31
A charity walk will light up Felixstowe’s promenade with its Halloween theme when it takes place next month.
The spooky night of family fun on October 31 is being hosted by East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
The charity supports families and cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Suffolk.
Halloween Glow Walk participants wearing fancy dress will walk two miles, starting and finishing at Felixstowe Leisure Centre, from 5.30pm.
Along the way those taking part will enjoy plenty of entertainment, treats and surprises. At the end of the walk will be a mini-disco.
Prizes will also be awarded for the best fancy dress costumes.
The evening is being run by the newly formed EACH Felixstowe Friends Group.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 3 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
Debi Squirrell from Felixstowe Friends Group said: “We’re thrilled to be holding our first event since forming the friends group.
“We’re having a great time planning a family event which is set to be a wonderful night out.”
She urged people to come along and join in the fun.
Patsy Johnson-Cisse, EACH Suffolk fundraiser, said: “We thrilled that the Felixstowe Friends Group have chosen this Halloween Glow Walk as their first event.
“It sounds like it will be colourful fun.
“EACH care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Suffolk and support their families.
“Any money raised at this event will go towards providing these vital services.”
For more information on the Felixstowe Halloween Glow Walk and to book your place please visit the EACH website.