Walton-on-the-Naze: Couple rescued after being cut off by the tide
- Credit: Contributed
An elderly couple had to be rescued by helicopter after they became stranded on the beach at Walton-on-the-Naze.
Thames Coastguard received a 999 call from an elderly lady who had been cut off by the tide at the base of the Naze cliffs yesterday afternoon.
She had been walking on the beach with her husband around 2.30pm, but when they tried to return they found that the tide had come in too far for them to reach the steps up to the cliff top.
The Walton Coastguard team was sent to the scene to locate the couple.
The Sea King rescue helicopter from RAF Wattisham also attended. When the helicopter crew arrived, they winched the couple from the base of the cliffs and landed them safely on high ground at the top of the Naze.
You may also want to watch:
The couple were in good health after their ordeal and no medical assistance was required.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 FA Youth Cup, semi-final - LIVE: Agbaje header puts Town ahead at half-time against Liverpool
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth