Man sectioned twice in week before death, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
Jonathan Swart was found by police officers during a welfare check at his house on October 30, 2019.
The 46-year-old had gone missing twice in the week before his death and was sectioned twice.
He was taken to James Paget Hospital but was released just days before he died.
An inquest which will look into the circumstances surrounding his death was opened and adjourned at Suffolk Coroner's Court in Ipswich on Friday.
The court heard how Mr Swart initially went missing on October 25 but was found safe by officers before again going missing.
You may also want to watch:
He was found on October 28, walking along the Suffolk coast at Kessingland and was sectioned.
He was found two days later lying on the floor of a downstairs bedroom in his Wangford home by Suffolk police who were carrying out a scheduled welfare check-in.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Matchday Live: It's raining goals at Portman Road as Town his six
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
A full inquest into his death is due to take place on May 20.