Want to try speedway?
THE British Speedway Promoters' Association (BSPA) are staging a training week next month - starting at Scunthorpe on Tuesday, July 14.And all current British Under-15 Championship competitors, from both 250cc and 500cc classes, have been invited to Buxton on Wednesday, July 15 for coaching from Britain's last World Champion.
THE British Speedway Promoters' Association (BSPA) are staging a training week next month - starting at Scunthorpe on Tuesday, July 14.
And all current British Under-15 Championship competitors, from both 250cc and 500cc classes, have been invited to Buxton on Wednesday, July 15 for coaching from Britain's last World Champion.
A range of bikes will be available along with a host of racing equipment - and it's free of charge! A limited number of places are still available.
Applicants should be under the age of 21 and a degree of motorcycling experience from other disciplines would be welcome.
You may also want to watch:
BSPA Chairman Peter Toogood said: “We want to make the sport more accessible, particularly to youngsters from other motorcycle sports.
“This is an exciting initiative and we are delighted to be running at both Scunthorpe and Buxton.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
"Our current crop of under-15s are an extremely strong group, and we need to do everything possible to nurture them and give them as much backing as possible. Having Mark on board for both mechanical and riding advice is a major boost."
Meanwhile Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “We've got a unique facility that's open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week that's begging to be used for this kind of event.”
Applications should be made by e-mail to the BSPA office and the postal address: British Speedway Promoters' Association, ACU House, Wood Street, Rugby, Warwickshire CV21 2YX.