Hottest day of the year forecast for Easter weekend as Suffolk basks in Spring sun
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk is set to see the hottest day of the year so far over the Easter weekend as temperatures break into the mid twenties.
Friday will see the best of the weather, with temperatures potentially hitting 24C, but clear skies are expected throughout the weekend.
Despite a small chance of mist earlier on today, the sun is expected to burn through to bring temperatures in the low twenties.
Phil Garner, forecaster for Weatherquest, said: “It will be fine and dry all through the day.
“It is looking like there will be some patchy mist to start the day but there will be widespread sunshine for most of Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be a light wind blowing in from the West leading to temperatures staying at 12C to 14C around the coast but further inland there could be highs of 21C.
“This evening will be cool. It is looking like the skies will stay clear and temperature could fall as low as 3C.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“Friday will be warmer still and it may be the warmest day of the year so far.”