Warning after caravan stolen in Wortham
- Credit: Archant
Caravan owners in Suffolk are urged to be vigilant following a theft.
Police have issued the warning after a caravan was stolen from the Wortham area on Sunday.
Sergeant Brian Calver from Suffolk Constabulary’s Rural Crime Team said: “Caravan owners and site owners need to ensure they have the very best security measures possible in place.
“I would strongly urge owners to invest in the best locks they can – which are ‘Secure by Design’ rated - and install a tracker device in the caravan to increase the chance of us catching the thieves.”
Sgt Calver urged people call to police if they saw any suspicious activity, and to obtain descriptions and vehicle registrations if possible.
You may also want to watch:
He also said police were able to visit caravan sites to provide security advice.
For further guidance on caravan security, see here.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week