Warning after man gored by bull
A 54-YEAR-OLD camera enthusiast taking pictures of a bull in a water meadow has ended up in hospital after being gored by the animal. The accident happened just before 6pm on Wednesday in a field behind the Mill Hotel, in Walnut Tree Lane, Sudbury.
A 54-YEAR-OLD camera enthusiast taking pictures of a bull in a water meadow has ended up in hospital after being gored by the animal.
The accident happened just before 6pm on Wednesday in a field behind the Mill Hotel, in Walnut Tree Lane, Sudbury.
An ambulance was sent to the scene of the bull attack, which was on a small island in the River Stour.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The crew was told the man had been taking pictures when the animal attacked him.
You may also want to watch:
“The initial reports were that he had suffered significant injuries in the groin area, but when the crew examined the 54-year-old they found that he had only suffered lacerations to his right thigh.
“He was taken to Colchester General Hospital for further assessment and treatment. Clearly the situation could have been far more serious had the injuries been in a slightly different area.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
“This should serve as a warning to anyone walking in fields with animals that they need to treat them with respect.”