Warning after spate of road crashes
MOTORISTS are being warned to remain vigilant on the region's roads after a spate of road accidents in the last few days.Police were last night still comforting the family of a 37-year-old motorcyclist who died on the A1088 at Fornham Hill in Honington on Sunday .
MOTORISTS are being warned to remain vigilant on the region's roads after a spate of road accidents in the last few days.
Police were last night still comforting the family of a 37-year-old motorcyclist who died on the A1088 at Fornham Hill in Honington on Sunday .
The man, who has not yet been named police, lived in Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds, and died at the scene of the accident.
After a second motorcyclist was involved in a serious accident in Newmarket yesterday , police warned motorists to remain on their guard.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said: "Drivers should always ensure that they tailor their driving to the prevailing weather conditions and make sure they take every possible precaution to ensure they reach their destination safely."
The fatal accident was one of a number of crashes on local roads in the last few days.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 8 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 9 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
The motorcyclist, a 29-year-old man from Cambridgeshire, is in a serious condition at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, after a collision with a car on a slip road.
The accident, between a black Suzuki motorcycle and a Renault Clio, happened at about 7am yesterday on the A142 in Newmarket.
Anyone who witnessed this accident should call Suffolk Police's traffic department on 01473 613500.
Meanwhile, a female driver was trapped in her vehicle after a two-car crash in Westley Lane, Horringer, at about 12.15pm yesterday .
The woman was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, after her green Vauxhall Vectra was in collision with a green Volvo.
Norfolk Police are also appealing for witnesses after a car collided with a tree leaving a Brandon man with serious head injuries. He was a front seat passenger in a blue Vauxhall Cavalier travelling towards Methwold, near Thetford, on the B1112 Brandon Road at about 12.05am on Sunday .
He was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital where his condition last night was described as critical.
The driver of the vehicle, a 20-year-old man from the Hockwold area, received minor injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Pc Rob Timmins at Swaffham Road Policing on 01953 424242.