Warning to drivers travelling on icy roads during morning rush hour
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning - but forecasters say warmer temperatures are on their way.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning in Suffolk and Essex for drivers travelling on icy roads during morning rush hour.
Adam Dury, forecaster at Weatherquest, said parts of the East of England plummeted to -1C (30.2F) overnight.
However, he said temperatures were set to pick up over the coming days, possibly hitting 13C (55.4F) by the weekend.
Any more wintery showers that do fall today over Suffolk and Essex are not likely the settle, Mr Dury added.
You may also want to watch:
Send us your snowy pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today