Warning to motorists after spate of thefts from vehicles across south Suffolk
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Drivers in south Suffolk are warned to be vigilant as police investigate reports of more than 10 thefts from vehicles in less than two weeks.
The crimes occurred between Friday, November 11 and Wednesday, November 22, in Stoke-by-Nayland, Polstead, Pinewood, Tattingstone, Sproughton, Bentley and Capel-St-Mary.
Typically thieves are targeting vans and stealing power tools, however valuables including handbags, wallets, loose change and dash cams have also been taken.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary are appealing for anyone with information or any witnesses to suspicious activity in these areas to contact them on 101.
Police are also urging people to get in touch if they are offered tools in suspicious circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to lock their vehicle and remove all valuables, no matter where it is parked and how secure it may seem.
Van owners can register their tools for free for greater protection.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store