Watch the John Lewis Christmas advert 2017 featuring Moz the Monster
- Credit: PA
The eagerly-awaited John Lewis Christmas advert has arrived – bringing an emotional story of a young boy and his imaginary monster to our TV screens.
Saucer-eyed Moz the Monster develops a friendship with seven-year-old host Joe during the two-minute clip, set to a cover of The Beatles song Golden Slumbers by Manchester-based band Elbow.
The pair strike up a friendship based on a mutual love of late-night Scalextric and piggyback games.
But little Joe begins to struggle to stay awake and Moz decides to leave him be for a while.
The ad ends with the youngster – who finds a clumsily-wrapped night light under the tree on Christmas morning – being reunited with the sounds of his friend once again when he switches it off.
You may also want to watch:
It is something of a return to the tearjerkers of past years, following the 2016 comedy featuring bouncing dog Buster the boxer, whose owner was from Suffolk.
Oscar-winning director Michel Gondry said: “When I told my ex-girlfriend I was doing the next John Lewis Christmas film she said, ‘You have big shoes to fill, this John Lewis commercial must make people cry, don’t forget’.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 6 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 9 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
“Last week I showed it to her and she cried. Phew.”
The advert was released on YouTube this morning.