Water leak causing road to sink in places at Hollesley
A leak was reported to Anglia Water on School Lane close to Hollesley Primary School around two and a half weeks ago.
Concerns have been raised about a water leak in the village of Hollesley.
Due to the proximity of the school, Anglian Water have not been given permission by highways to close the road.
However, since then it has been noticed that part of the road is starting to sink.
A spokesperson for Anglian Water said that they were aware of the leak and had pencilled in the date of February 12 to make repairs.
The news of road damage, however, means that tecnicians will be re-assessing the situation today.
“We want to minismise all the disruption as much as we can,” said the spokesperson.
- 1 Field fire breaks out in 27 acres of land in east Suffolk
- 2 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 3 Firefighters tackle 40-acre field fire near Ipswich
- 4 Driver arrested after being four times over the limit following crash
- 5 Fire breaks out near Suffolk caravan park
- 6 Huge fire breaks out in field near Ipswich
- 7 Ranking all 92 home shirts from the top four divisions
- 8 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 9 Car on fire causes A12 northbound to close
- 10 'Such an honour' – Suffolk brewery scoops prestigious CAMRA award
Hollesley Parish Council clerk Judi Hallett said the council were monitoring the situation with the road.
She added that they were grateful for the response they had received from Anglian Water.