Water leak causing road to sink in places at Hollesley
A leak was reported to Anglia Water on School Lane close to Hollesley Primary School around two and a half weeks ago.
Concerns have been raised about a water leak in the village of Hollesley.
Due to the proximity of the school, Anglian Water have not been given permission by highways to close the road.
However, since then it has been noticed that part of the road is starting to sink.
A spokesperson for Anglian Water said that they were aware of the leak and had pencilled in the date of February 12 to make repairs.
You may also want to watch:
The news of road damage, however, means that tecnicians will be re-assessing the situation today.
“We want to minismise all the disruption as much as we can,” said the spokesperson.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Hollesley Parish Council clerk Judi Hallett said the council were monitoring the situation with the road.
She added that they were grateful for the response they had received from Anglian Water.