Water leak causes road to swell with people mistaking it for speed bump
- Credit: Justyna Susfal Maciejczyk
A water leak in Haverhill has caused part of a road to balloon, with some residents thinking it was a speed bump.
The water leak was spotted by residents today (Monday, June 14) at around 12.45pm in The Causeway, Haverhill.
Local resident, Justyna Susfal Maciejczyk, was on her way back from work when she drove over the hump unexpectedly.
Anglian Water said they are aware of the leak and the work has been escalated for repairs this evening.
The road will be closed so repair teams can carry out the work, which is expected to be a fairly routine repair.
You may also want to watch:
It is unclear how long the repairs will take to complete.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw