Water, water everywhere in our latest iWitness photo challenge
- Credit: Archant
Water was the theme for our iWitness photographers this week, and they rose to the challenge with some fantastic photos.
The winning image comes from Tim Denny, and is a stunning water landscape showing the sea defences at Cobbolds Point, Felixstowe, curving away into the distance.
Water animals and birds provided inspiration for many of our community of photographers. Frances Crickmore captured deer on camera, walking through the water at Minsmere, while Robert McKenna sent in an image of an elusive water vole.
Swans at Alderson Lakes near Needham Market provided inspiration for Pamela Bidwell, whose photo features reflections in the water.
Julie Kemp chose to spotlight a family of swans and cygnets at Lackford Lakes, with other birds in the background, and she also sent in an amazing shot of a Mallard duck surrounded by spray in her garden pond.
You may also want to watch:
Ducks were also the chosen subject for Christopher Cross, who took a picture of waterfowl at Belton.
The theme for next week’s challenge is Details. The idea is to focus on elements which are part of a scene. Submit your pictures to the iWitness website.
Are you a member of Suffolk iWitness yet? Click here to join and you could see your photos featured on our websites in future weeks, or in one of our newspapers.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence