Waterfront: Plans in place for 2013 Ipswich beer festival
Beer-lovers will be flocking to Ipswich’s Waterfront for the third annual festival next month.
Organised by members of the Ipswich & East Suffolk branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (Camra), there will be around 200 beers and 80 ciders and perrys on offer.
There will be a wide range of imported beers via a speciality beer bar and some locally-brewed traditional lagers from the Calvors brewery at Coddenham. Food will be on sale.
It will run over the August bank holiday weekend, from noon on Thursday, August 22 to 3pm on Monday August 26.
The event, which will raise money for brain tumour charity Camille’s Appeal, coincides again with the Ipswich Maritime Festival, which will see a number of sailing ships arrive in the dock.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Nigel Smith said: “Last year we were blessed with some fantastic weather and, without tempting fate, we hope this year we can once again enjoy a few days of fine weather.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket