We want YOU to join our election team!
- Credit: Archant
Tired of shouting at the television unheard? Disillusioned with politics? Or excited about the prospect of a general election?
We want to find a wide range of people from the region to join our election team.
From first time voters to those who have seen countless elections, we want to hear your views. We are looking for a group of people who will give us their thoughts in the run up to general election day on May 7.
We are looking for people who are interested in politics and the issues – but are not firmly committed to supporting any one party.
Being part of the team will involve keeping a short election campaign diary, and giving your views on the political promises that will inevitably be made on the campaign trail – is a policy a good idea, and will work in practice?
You may also want to watch:
With resurgent minor parties such as the Green Party and UKIP, many commentators believe this is one of the least predictable elections yet.
It will be seats in our region that could make all the difference when it comes to who will be Prime Minister next year.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
We want to hear what you have to say.
A first time voter?
A young professional still renting?
Unable to work and reliant on the state for help?
A parent of young children?
A business owner?
This is not an exhaustive list. We want to hear from a wide range of people.
To join the team, you will need to be able to submit your diary by e-mail, and be available at reasonably short notice to give your views on various announcements. We will also want to include a photograph of you.
If you want to take part, email firstname.lastname@example.org by next Tuesday, February 24. Please include the following:
Address (street name and town)
Who do you live with?
Do you have children?
Who did you vote for at the last election?
A short description of what life has been like for you in the last five years.
Please also include a contact number where we could call you during normal office hours and, if necessary, during the day at weekends.
We look forward to hearing your views....