‘Weapon’ found hidden near Ipswich park
- Credit: IPSWICH CENTRAL POLICE
Police uncovered a metal bar during a weapons sweep near Alexandra Park in Ipswich.
Ipswich Central Police discovered the suspected weapon in the vicinity of Grimwade Street following a sweep of the park, which was extended to the surrounding area.
The force released an image of the bar on social media, claiming they “don’t think it was thrown away as there’s quite a bit of scrap metal there”.
Both Grimwade Street and Alexandra Park are just a stone’s throw from Suffolk New College.
The recovery was part of Operation Sceptre, a national campaign aiming to crack down on knife crime.
You may also want to watch:
The week of action is supported by Suffolk police, with officers across the force working to highlight the risks that carrying a bladed weapon can bring, as well as targeting offenders who use and carry knives in Suffolk.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 3 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 9 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash