Weather update: Snow and sleet still on for tonight
- Credit: Julie Kemp
The white stuff could still fall on west Suffolk today and hit the east tomorrow morning.
Weather experts have said that sleet and snow could still be a possibility on the fringes of west Suffolk and Cambridgeshire tonight.
Meteorologist Chris Fawkes even claimed on twitter that Suffolk, Essex and Kent could see a few CM or snow.
Things are likely to stay dry for the next few hours at least across East Anglia with temperatures at around 4C.
Slight showers with sleet and snow will then hit Cambridge and areas of west Suffolk during the late afternoon and early evening.
You may also want to watch:
That band of showers will move towards the coast with the likelihood of snow on Wednesday morning.
Temperatures will sit at -2 to -3C in the west during the morning with clear skies overhead.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 10 Two cars set alight in two different streets
Whilst it will be slightly warmer on the coast, sitting at 2-3C, a weather front hovering over the east coming in from the North Sea will increase the chances of snow.
This follows a yellow weather warning issued to the eastern region by the Met Office earlier today.
The warning was issued with fears that there could be some snow showers in the region with ice forming today and overnight into tomorrow.
Stay with us for more weather updates.