330 properties still without power as Suffolk recovers from a weekend of storms
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Around 330 customers are still without power in Suffolk following the impact of Storms Eunice and Franklin on the county's electricity infrastructure.
In addition, more than 110 properties in Essex are also still suffering power cuts.
Customers in Friday Street, Framlingham, Darsham Thorington, Reydon, Barham, Bildeston, Hadleigh, Boxford, Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, West Bergholt, Clacton, and Jaywick are currently affected.
UK Power networks estimate that the vast majority of properties still disconnected will have power back by midnight.
The storms, which featured gusts of 80mph brought down trees and power lines across the county, leaving more than 14,000 properties in Suffolk without power.
In Essex there were 21,100 properties with no power while in Norfolk there were 5,800.
UK Power Networks CEO Basil Scarsella said: "I appreciate what a difficult time this is, for our many customers who have experienced a power cut caused by Storm Eunice which saw record wind speeds and damage across the South East and East of England."
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
UK Power Networks will be issuing a further update at 8pm today.