Aldeburgh Boxing Day swim cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
The Aldeburgh Boxing Day swim has been cancelled following forecasts of strong north-easterly winds.
This was announced by a post to the Aldeburgh Boxing Day Swim Facebook page.
Jasmine Backhouse, page admin, posted: "The organisers have sadly had to make the decision to cancel the Aldeburgh Boxing Day Swim.
"The forecast is now for a strong north easterly wind, which will set in on Christmas Day.
"By 11.00 hrs on Boxing Day, the conditions will be too dangerous even for experienced swimmers.
"Fingers crossed for next year.
"We wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a safe and Happy New year."
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
One comment responded: "Such a pity, but totally understandable. I even went in today at Southwold to practise."