Look at these amazing igloos built in the Suffolk snow
- Credit: Freeman CP School
You don't have to head to the Arctic to see igloos - because they have been popping up all over Suffolk.
As Storm Darcy continued to hit the county, with the coldest night for 10 years predicted tonight, families were showing how creative they can be by building their own mini snow homes.
Many people are of course already working from home because of coronavirus, while others have been snowed in. That's the perfect cue for building some impressive snow sculptures.
Freeman Community Primary School in Stowmarket highlighted efforts of some of its home-schooling students on its Twitter feed, posting photos of several amazing igloos created by pupils... with a little help from their parents.
Deborah, mum of Freeman pupils Emily, aged nine, and Luke, seven, said: "Our first igloo caved in - we were quite distraught.
"But we didn't give up and Emily and Luke finally got to finish their igloo."
You may also want to watch:
Another pupil, Amelia, helped her dad to build an amazing 6ft igloo, which took them six hours to complete.
The school praised pupils' efforts via Twitter, and said: "It's great seeing you all making the most of being outdoors, using various skills (communication, problem solving, perseverance etc) whilst also having fun!"
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 7 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
Families having to self-isolate because of Covid-19 were also taking the opportunity to build igloos.
Ipswich mum Angelina Wildon said: "We are a family of five who all tested positive for Covid and have been isolating since January 23 ...one week to go!"
She said they were all past the worst and, now that they were feeling better, had built their own "epic igloo" in the garden.
Meanwhile, in Laxfield, Tristan Gladwell was unable to work at Roger Gladwell Landscapes and Construction for two days due to the snow - so he used his expertise by building a large igloo with snow bricks instead.
Wife Kirstie said: "Tristan continued to use his construction skills to create a new play den for our two sons, Rex and Woody. Not the usual garden feature."