Flooding expected in parts of Suffolk
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
Two flood warnings and 18 lower level alerts are currently in place across Suffolk.
The Environment Agency has two warnings in place for The River Gipping through Needham Market and The River Colne from Castle Hedingham to upstream of Halstead.
Recent high levels of rainfall have left the areas prone to flooding.
In Needham Market, St Mary's Road, Hawks Mill Street, Crown Street, Coddenham Road, Pinecroft Way and Maitland Road are most at risk.
Flooding of the River Colne is most likely to affect Yeldham Road, Nunnery Street, the A1017 and the B1058 at Castle Hedingham, Station Road, Summerfields, Spring Way and Alderford Street in Sible Hedingham.
You may also want to watch:
Lower level alerts are in place for much of the rest of Suffolk with the river's Stour, Lark, Waveney and Deben all affected.
The Environment Agency said it wasn't expecting the situation to escalate at this time but that more unsettled whether was predicted for the next few days.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure