Freezing fog and wintry showers forecast for New Year's Eve
- Credit: Archant
New Year's Eve looks set to start with freezing fog - and there's the chance of wintry showers in Suffolk during the evening.
Adam Dury, a forecaster with Weatherquest, based in East Anglia, said the cold spell looks set to continue into next week, but with little chance of snow.
He said: "The rest of today is going to be dry, with quite a bit of sunshine and cloud and top temperatures of 3C or 4C. There will be a hard frost tonight.
"In the morning there will be freezing fog. It will be quite patchy, but there is the potential for fog across most of Suffolk."
Mr Dury said that, after the fog clears, New Year's Eve will be dry and have quite a lot of sunshine during the day, but temperatures will be cold, with a maximum of only 1 or 2C.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "There could be some wintry showers on Thursday evening, but they will then turn into rain."
Looking forward to New Year's Day, he said the weather will be slightly less cold, with maximum temperatures of around 3- 4C, and at the weekend this may rise to 5-6C. It is likely to be slightly warmer on the coast, where there will also be more risk of showers.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week