See amazing pictures of dramatic sunset over Ipswich Waterfront
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
It is perhaps the jewel in the town's crown - and Ipswich Waterfront looks even more splendid in these pictures by our photographer Sarah Lucy Brown, as the sun set on the first day of lockdown.
The third national shutdown restricts people's movement to only going out for essential reasons, including exercise once a day.
Sadly, that means not everyone will be able to travel to see the wonderful sight of the Waterfront, where boats and yachts are docked and people can enjoy a scenic walking route along the river.
However, our photographer Sarah Lucy caught the stunning sight of the sun setting as the perfect backdrop to the picturesque scenes.
The sky was so bright with fiery colours, you could even see the reflection of the sunset in shop windows.
You may also want to watch:
If you've taken any good photos while exercising near your home during lockdown, email email@example.com
Sarah also took some pictures of the sun rising over Shingle Street - see them here.
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 4 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 8 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved