Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- Credit: peter cutts
Forecasters have warned of the danger of lightning strikes across Suffolk and Essex as stormy weather continues to hit the region.
Travel could be disrupted across the area with a chance of hail this afternoon, according to the Met Office.
It has issued a yellow-level weather warning, saying that there could be delays to trains and power cuts, as well as damage to buildings.
It is forecasted to hit Felixstowe, Ipswich and Harwich but miss Braintree, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket and Stowmarket.
Downpours could also bring around 20mm of rain within an hour, and perhaps 30-40 mm in a few hours for a few locations - leading to possible flooding in places.
You may also want to watch:
The showers and thunderstorms will ease by late evening.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk