Cold snap forecast for the weekend
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A weather warning is in place for snow and ice in the eastern region over the weekend.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for this part of the country, taking effect from Saturday and ending on Monday.
It will be noticeably colder across the whole country over the weekend, with snow and ice in some places.
By Sunday, strong easterly winds will make it feel like it is well below freezing.
For this yellow weather warning, the Met Office says to expect a small chance of travel delays on roads, with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.
You may also want to watch:
There is a small chance of power cuts and a slight possibility that some rural communities could become cut off.
Untreated pavements and cycle paths may also become impassable.
- 1 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 2 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 3 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 4 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 5 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 6 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 7 Ex-Town star named as U's boss
- 8 Town boss Lambert a long shot for Celtic job after Lennon quits
- 9 Town high street reopened after car crashes into building
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 win at Hull City
The weather warning ends at midnight on Monday.