Cold snap forecast for the weekend
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A weather warning is in place for snow and ice in the eastern region over the weekend.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for this part of the country, taking effect from Saturday and ending on Monday.
It will be noticeably colder across the whole country over the weekend, with snow and ice in some places.
By Sunday, strong easterly winds will make it feel like it is well below freezing.
For this yellow weather warning, the Met Office says to expect a small chance of travel delays on roads, with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.
You may also want to watch:
There is a small chance of power cuts and a slight possibility that some rural communities could become cut off.
Untreated pavements and cycle paths may also become impassable.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 7 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
The weather warning ends at midnight on Monday.