Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- Credit: SUBMITTED
Snow has fallen across Suffolk this morning, while a Met Office weather warning for ice was also in place this morning.
Yesterday the Met Office issued the yellow weather warning for ice in north Suffolk. The warning, which covers the period from Wednesday night into Thursday morning, said injuries from slips and falls on ice patches were possible.
Snow has been reported across the county — from Bury St Edmunds in the west, to Leiston and Lowestoft in the east.
Adam Dury, a meteorologist at East Anglia-based forecaster Weatherquest, said there had been "a little bit of sleet and snow falling" initially this morning, but that he expected these showers to turn to rain by the afternoon.
Temperatures are not expected to get above 5C today before falling below freezing tonight.
Mr Dury said icy conditions would be possible on the roads tomorrow morning as a result.
Sleet and snow showers are also expected over East Anglia in the early hours of tomorrow morning, but these are again expected to turn to rain.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
Temperatures on Friday are expected to peak at about 7C.