Boy, 4, makes epic mermaid and Olaf snow sculptures in Belstead garden
- Credit: Amanda Roper
A family in Belstead have put their creativity to the test by building a giant Olaf and a mermaid in the snow - with plans to make a Darth Vader next.
Freddie Westlake, aged four, has been out enjoying the snow brought by Storm Darcy this week, building a mermaid and an Olaf sculpture with the help of his parents in his back garden.
He is one of many youngsters who have been busy making sculptures out of the snow in Suffolk, with hundreds of families building igloos and other designs.
With the help of his mum Amanda Roper and dad Leigh Westlake, Freddie spent almost three hours creating the mermaid sculpture.
Amanda said: "Our friends challenged us to a mermaid competition and this is what we came up with.
You may also want to watch:
"It's human-size and was just a bit of fun to create.
"We are hoping if we can get enough snow together that we can build a Darth Vader head, as Freddie is loving it."
- 1 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 2 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 3 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 win at Hull City
- 5 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 6 Town boss Lambert a long shot for Celtic job after Lennon quits
- 7 Former Ipswich bank premises snapped up
- 8 What are the latest Covid infection rates in Suffolk and Essex?
- 9 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 10 Town high street reopened after car crashes into building