Dramatic pictures show shelf cloud over Suffolk as storms set in
- Credit: Andy Bowes
Dramatic pictures have shown incredible cloud formations during a stormy night in the Suffolk skies.
Photographers were out across the county on Monday night to capture the moment as thick grey clouds rolled across the sky.
The thundery conditions were mostly seen in the west of the county, although dark shelf clouds and gust fronts were also seen over the Ravenswood area of Ipswich.
More thundery conditions are set to come – with forecasters warning of thunderstorms on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.
Fred Best, meteorologist at East Anglia-based Weatherquest, said: "It is going to be a largely dry morning before the chance of thunderstorms from midday onwards.
You may also want to watch:
"Not everywhere will see thunder, but much of the county will likely see some heavy rain. There's a chance of further thunderstorms on Wednesday afternoon too."
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown