Weather forecast for August bank holiday weekend in Suffolk
- Credit: PA
Warm weather is expected for Suffolk over the bank holiday weekend - but forecasters say there will be no heatwave.
The region will stay mostly dry over the three-day break, with many people planning days out for the weekend.
A spokesman for East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest said: "Saturday and Sunday, there will be highs of around 20C with dry conditions and a bit of sunshine."
However, the spokesman also said there is no chance of a heatwave - with temperatures set to remain cool into next week.
"Temperatures for the following week might at best get to 22C, which is nowhere close to where it needs to be to be classed as a heatwave," he said.
"For us in the east, we are going to be at least 7C to 8C below.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be pretty dry next week with a little bit of drizzle here and there, but no real quantity of rainfall.
"Chances are, with this dry weather, we are likely to be quite a way below the average for rainfall in August."
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic