Sunny weekend and highs of 24C predicted in Suffolk
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Suffolk and Essex are set to bask in the sunshine over the weekend - but forecasters have said it is too early to tell if there will be a late August heatwave.
Temperatures could hit highs of 24C on both Saturday and Sunday in the region, with a likely chance of rain throughout Monday.
Conditions will then get warmer towards the end of the week, as forecasters predict highs of 22C next Friday.
Fred Best, meteorologist at East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest, said a heatwave towards the end of the month was possible but dependent on a number of factors.
He said: "The next couple of days will be warm until Sunday. It's set to cool off into next week.
"There are some hints that temperatures towards the end of the week could rise a little bit more.
You may also want to watch:
"A heatwave is one of a few potential scenarios, but there's a lot of uncertainty. It's a bit too far out to tell."
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 8 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back