Suffolk set for chilly weekend ahead of showers next week
- Credit: VALERIE ROZIER/IWITNESS
Forecasters are predicting a cold weekend in Suffolk and have warned of the possibility of rain into next week - just as Covid restrictions are relaxed, allowing people to meet outside.
The mercury is set to hover around 6C over Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with showers forecast from next Tuesday.
From Monday school pupils will return to class and Covid lockdown restrictions will be eased slightly allowing people to meet one person from outside of their household or support bubble outdoors to socialise rather than just exercise.
It means you can have a picnic or a coffee on a bench.
Temperatures have fallen again over the past week after a slight rise at the end of February, and this morning there was even minor snowfall in some parts of West Suffolk after rain was cooled by the low temperatures.
You may also want to watch:
However, meteorologist Dan Holley, from East Anglian-based forecasters Weatherquest, has said a repeat of any snow was unlikely this weekend.
He said: "There is scope for a few isolated showers. Because of the cold, there is a low chance of it becoming wintry.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
"The reason it's been so chilly this week is because of the grey skies, meaning the sun can't break through.
"It's going to be chilly this weekend, but on the plus side it will be quite sunny."