Heavy rain and 55mph winds forecast to hit Suffolk today
Heavy rain and winds of up to 55mph are expected to batter Suffolk today, after a relatively warm weekend.
Despite the chance of odd sunny spells, winds of up to 55mph are expected for some parts of Suffolk.
Fred Best from the East Anglia-based weather forecasters Weatherquest said: "Today will start cloudy and wet, as a band of heavy rain spreads eastwards before easing in the afternoon.
"Though there will still be the small chance of one or two showers in the west, which could be on the heavy side as well.
"There will be strong winds with gusts of up to 55mph with the small chance of isolated showers in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
"For Tuesday it will be a dry and fairly bright start to the day with cloud slowly increasing from the west and the day progresses with the chance of showers in the afternoon ahead of rain arriving later in the evening.
"It will be another breezy day feeling cool with highs of 16 to 18 degrees.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
"On Wednesday any lingering rain will clear leaving a dry day with variable amounts of cloud and sunny spells although a few isolated showers are expected especially around the coasts."